Skip to main content

Steps in Applying-Transfer Students

Side Panel

Steps in Applying-Transfer Students

Steps in Applying for Financial Assistance- Transfer Students

  1. Apply for admision at the Office of Admissions & Recruiting.
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in October of each year to meet the application priority deadline of May 1.
    • Use your most current federal tax return.
    • Dependent students will need their parent's most current federal tax return and income information.
    • We recommend using the IRS Data Retrieval System to help with this process. 
  3. Check the email account you provided on your FAFSA often and promptly respond to all requests from the McNeese Office of Financial Aid.
    • Applicaitons will not be completed until all necessary forms are received.
    • Students should allow the Office of Financial aid up to six weeks to process and complete his/her financial aid.
    • Once this process has been completed, students will be emailed an award notification if he or she is in good academic standing.
  4. Transfer students with prior college work should requet that their complete official transcript from each college attended be sent directly to the McNeese Office of Admissions and Recruiting.
    • Transfer students classification for federal financial aid is based on the amount of earned credits that are listed in Banner Self-Service. 
    • If your transfer credits have not been reviewed and accepted, your loan will be processed based on the amount of earned hours in Banner. 
  5. Meet enrollment requirements. 
    • A student must be enrolled at least part-time (6 hrs) during each semester to be considered for most federal financial aid programs. Students enrolled for less than part-time status will be considered for the Federal Pell and State Go Grant programs only. 
    • Financial aid is initially awarded based on full time enrollment for the fall and spring semesters (part time for the summer semesters) and will be adjusted to your actual enrollment, once enrollment is final for that term.
    • A student must be in a degree seeking or eligible certificate program and taking courses for credit hours applicable towards your degree to be considered for financial assistance.
    • Financial aid may be paid for repeated coursework previously taken in the program but may not include more than one repetition of a previously passed course.
  6. Must have received credentials. 
    • A student must have earned a high school diploma, GED or completed a state approved homeschool program.

Log into your Banner Self Service and then click on the Student & Financial Aid link to monitor your financial aid status.