(February 2, 2016) February is National Financial Aid Awareness Month, which makes it the perfect time for college-bound students to complete their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form and learn more about financial aid.
“February is the key time to begin the application process in order to be considered for all aid programs offered at state and federal levels,” said Taina Savoit, financial aid director at McNeese.
McNeese financial aid staff members will visit area high schools Feb. 15-March 10 to explain financial aid application procedures to students.
Savoit said approximately 79 percent of McNeese students received some form of financial aid in 2014-2015, totaling more than $60 million.
Both students and their parents are encouraged to attend the workshops to learn more about eligibility, the application process and requirements, and the timeline to apply for financial aid for the 2016 fall semester.
She said current McNeese students who are receiving financial assistance can also reapply via the FAFSA. For more information, call the McNeese Office of Financial Aid at 337-475-5065.
The list of dates, high schools and workshop times are as follows:
- Monday, Feb. 15 - Hathaway, 9 a.m.; Sulphur, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16 - Washington Marion, 9 a.m.; Jennings, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 17 - Elton, 9 a.m.; Kinder, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 18 - Merryville, 9 a.m.; Singer, 11 a.m.; Iowa, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 19 – Lake Arthur, 9 a.m.; Gueydan, 11 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 22 - Hamilton Christian Academy, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 - Bell City, 9 a.m.; Grand Lake, 11 a.m.; South Cameron, 12:21 p.m.; DeRidder, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 24 - Vinton, 9 a.m.; Barbe, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 25 - East Beauregard, 9 a.m.; St. Louis, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 26 - Oberlin, 9:30 a.m.; Starks, 1 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 29 - Sam Houston, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 2 - Welsh, 9:30 a.m.; LaGrange, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, March 3 - Hackberry, 8:48 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 8 - DeQuincy, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, March 10 - Lacassine, 9 a.m.