(January 23, 2015) February is National Financial Aid Awareness Month, which makes it the perfect time for college-bound students to complete their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form and learn more about financial aid.
McNeese State University financial aid staff members will visit area high schools in January, February and March to explain financial aid application procedures to students.
Both students and their parents are encouraged to attend the workshops to learn more about eligibility, the application process and requirements, and the timeline to apply for financial aid for the 2015 fall semester.
The list of dates, high schools and the times are as follows:
- Monday, Jan. 26—Sam Houston, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 27—Hathaway, 9 a.m.; Gueydan, 11 a.m.; Sulphur, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 28—Merryville, 9 a.m.; Singer, 10:30 a.m.; Welsh, 10:45 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 29 — Jennings, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 30—Vinton, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 3—Oberlin, 9:30 a.m.; DeRidder, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 4—Bell City, 9 a.m.; Kinder, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 5—Washington Marion, 9:30 a.m.; St. Louis, 6 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 9— Hamilton Christian Academy, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 10 — Grand Lake, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 12—Hackberry, 9:30 a.m.; Barbe, 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 19 --LaGrange, 6 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 20— Elton, 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 24— DeQuincy, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 25—Fort Polk, 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.; Iowa, 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 26--East Beauregard, 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 3—Lacassine, 10:30 a.m.
For more information, call the McNeese Office of Financial Aid at 337-475-5065.