B.A., American University in Bulgaria, Blagoevgrad; Ph.D., University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Kaufman Hall, 209L
- Member, English Education Committee
- Member, Facutly Senate
- Member, Curriculum Committee
- Member, General Education Assessment
- Advisor, English Education Students
Teaching and Research Interests
- Sixteenth- and seventeenth-century English literature, particularly drama
- Affect theory; queer theory; early modern historical phenomenology
- Literary Criticism
- Russian and Soviet reception of Shakespeare; Russian translations of Shakespeare
- World literature
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Shakespeare Association of America
- Renaissance Society of America
- Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- Modern Language Association
- "Remembering Soviet Shakespeare in Elena Chizhova's Little Zaches (2000) and The Time of Women (2009)." The International Shakepearean Yearbook (2019), forthcoming.
- "Laughter in Twelfth Night and Beyond: Affect and Identity in Early Modern Performance." Early Modern Literary Studies 17.2 (2014).
- [Book Review], "Passion and Subjectivity in Early Modern Culture, eds. Brian Cummings and Freya Sierhus, Surrey, England: Ashgate, 2013." Early Modern Literary Studies 19.1 (2016).
Work in Progress
- Laughter and the Politics of Affect in Early Modern English Literature, 1590-1610 [book project based on 2015 dissertation]