Cap and Gown
We Change Lives
All students participating in graduation must wear appropriate academic regalia (i.e., cap and gown).
- When completing the Application for Degree, students will be asked to provide personal information to ensure that their caps and gowns are fitted properly.
Students may collect their regalia during GradFest.
- If students are unable to attend, they may collect their regalia from the University Bookstore during regular business hours after GradFest but before the day of rehearsal.
- Students may decorate caps—not gowns—per the guidelines in the Commencement Policy.
Commencement Attire Guidelines
- All graduates should wear clothing appropriate to the significance of the occasion.
- Gentlemen are advised to wear dark pants with appropriate shirts and soft-soled dress shoes appropriate for standing and walking on concrete.
- Neckties are encouraged but not required.
- Ladies are advised to wear dark pants or skirts with appropriate blouses and soft-soled dress shoes appropriate for standing and walking on concrete.
- Pumps or flats are recommended as high-heeled shoes may become uncomfortable.
- Tennis shoes, sneakers, flip-flops, sandals, and other casual footwear should be avoided.
- Persons whose attire is deemed to be inappropriate for the occasion of commencement may not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
Contact Wesley LeJeune, Commencement Committee Chair, at or before rehearsal to discuss questions or concerns about attire.