Strategic Planning Questions
- What is your first thought when you hear the name "McNeese'?
- What do you love most about McNeese?
- Whether you love it or not, what do you believe is McNeese's greatest strength?
- What is McNeese's most glaring area for improvement?
- What opportunities should McNeese seize within the next five years?
- Is there anything about McNeese that is so fundamental that we should protect it against change?
- What threats should McNeese be guarding against over the next five years?
- What could McNeese do to improve student learning?
- What should McNeese be doing to increase enrollment and retention?
- If you could identify one aspect of the McNeese experience that "brands" us as distinct from other institutions, what would it be?
- If McNeese could engage in just one activity that would excite you into wanting to contribute more of your time and/or resources, what would that activity be?
- What ideas do you have about improving McNeese that have not already been mentioned?
Strategic Planning MeetingsThroughout the academic year, Dr. Williams and his staff will be hosting numerous meetings-on-campus, in Lake Charles, throughout the five-parish region, Lafayette and Houston-to solicit responses to these questions. In the upcoming weeks, you will be able to check back to this site to find out the dates and locations of meetings, follow up on responses to any one of the twelve questions, and see how others have responded.
Web SurveyAs Dr. Williams remarks in his January 23rd blog entry, we have begun the analysis phase of this process. As such, the web survey has been closed. However, if you feel you have something new to add to the discussion, please contact Dr. Williams with your ideas.
|Community||11/17/11||5:00 PM||Stokes Auditorium - Hardtner Hall, McNeese|
|Houston||12/2/11||6:00 PM||Chase Bank - Downtown Houston - 707 Travis Street|
|Cameron||12/5/11||4:30 PM||South Cameron High School Cafeteria, 753 Oak Grove Hwy - Grand Chenier|
|General Session||12/10/11||10:00 AM||Stokes Auditorium - Hardtner Hall, McNeese|
|Administrative Council/General||12/12/11||10:00 AM||La Jeunesse Room, Old Ranch, McNeese|
|DeRidder||1/12/12||5:30 PM||Cecil's Cajun Cafe, 120 East 1st Street DeRidder, LA 70634|
|Lafayette||1/19/12||5:30 PM||Petroleum Club of Lafayette - 111 Heymann Blvd.|
|Kinder||date and location to be confirmed soon, please check back.|
|Alumni Board||9/8/11||5:30 PM||Stream Alumni Center||Alumni Board|
|BBC||9/20/11||3:00 PM||BBC 121||Building Meeting|
|Kaufman||9/23/11||1:30 PM||Kauf 232||Building Meeting|
|Gayle||9/23/11||3:00 PM||Gayle Auditorium||Building Meeting|
|General Faculty/Staff||9/29/11||4:30 PM||Stokes Auditorium||General Session|
|Library||10/4/11||3:00 PM||McNeese Room||Building Meeting|
|Jennings||10/4/11||5:30 PM||The Grand Marais||Community|
|SFA||10/7/11||1:30 PM||SFAA 207||Building Meeting|
|Kirkman||10/7/11||3:00 PM||Kirk 107||Building Meeting|
|Athletic Supporters||10/10/11||5:00 PM||Field House - Upstairs||Athletics|
|General Alumni & Donors||10/11/11||5:30 PM||Stokes Auditorium||Various|
|Farrar||10/13/11||1:30 PM||Curriculum Materials Center||Building Meeting|
|Hardtner||10/13/11||3:00 PM||Hardt 303||Building Meeting|
|Frasch||10/14/11||1:30 PM||Frasch 101||Building Meeting|
|Drew||10/14/11||3:00 PM||Drew 117||Building Meeting|
|Doland Field House||11/1/11||11:00 AM||Doland Fld House||Building Meeting|
|Smith Hall||11/1/11||3:00 PM||BBC 121||Building Meeting|
|Memorial Gym||11/2/11||10:00 AM||Memorial Gym||Building Meeting|
|Hodges Field House||11/3/11||11:00 AM||Hodges Fld House||Building Meeting|
|11/3/11||3:00 PM||BBC 121||Building Meeting|
|Student Session||11/8/11||Noon||Le Jeuneese||Students|
|Enr Mgmt and
|11/8/11||3:00 PM||Parra Ballroom||Building Meeting|
|Sulphur||11/8/11||5:30 PM||City of Sulphur, Council Chambers,
500 N. Huntington St.
|Foundation Board||11/10/11||5:00 PM||Alumni Center||Foundation Board|
|Business/Political Leaders||11/14/11||5:30 PM||Alliance - 1st Floor||Community|