Homecoming Parade Rules and Regulations
The Smart Choice
Date of Parade: Thursday, October 25, 2012
Line-up time: 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Parade time: 7:00 p.m.
Line-up location: Stadium Complex, Freshman Parking Lot A
Parade Route: Marching bands will be folded in with the floats at University Methodist Church. The parade will primarily travel south on Ryan Street and travel to McNeese Street. Turn east on McNeese Street and travel back to the Cowboy Stadium to disembark.
Theme: “Axe’ The Jacks”
Opponents: Stephen F. Austin, mascot is the Lumberjack; colors are purple, red and white.
Awards: Three divisions will compete for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards. University Large, University Small, Community Small and Large, and Marching Band Award.
A Pep Rally and Fireworks will be held adjacent to the disband site in the stadium immediately following the parade.
- Throws: Individually wrapped candy, beads, cups, and doubloons are encouraged. Try to stay away from suckers and hard candy as it poses safety issues when thrown.
- Absolutely no horses, cattle, or livestock allowed.
- NO ALCOHOL! In compliance with City of Lake Charles Ordinance and McNeese State University policy, no alcohol possession or consumption is allowed during any aspect of the parade. Police will enforce this regulation.
- Only properly registered vehicles operated and insured by a licensed adult driver (18 years and older) will be permitted in the parade.
- Anyone caught using profanity or obscene gestures will be removed from the parade. NO MUSIC until 5:30 in line-up, appropriate for all audiences, and volume low during lineup.
- All participants must comply with parade officials, volunteers, and law enforcement personnel. Height restrictions are 12 feet.
- Absolutely no all-terrain vehicles such as four-wheelers and gators will be permitted in the parade (except those being used by law enforcement), this includes road legal motorcycles.
- Avoid gaps in the parade. Keep 10-yard intervals between entries.
- Registered parade participants only will be allowed in the float line-up parking lot. Privately owned vehicles will not be allowed to enter, park, or drop off items/persons.
- Have all throws and decorations on the float upon entry. Driver must stay with vehicle at all times. No drop-offs allowed for float items or riders. Everyone must park in designated areas only.
- There will be a designated area for your non- parade entry vehicles in parking lots C and D located on the East side of the stadium.
- An entry number will be assigned when the completed application is returned and entry fee has been paid. Please display this number on the passenger side of the tow vehicle. Your entry number will be used for judging purposes only.
- Line-up is on a first come, first serve basis. Come early.