Parent Orientation Information
- There will also be an opportunity for parents to participate in a table browse including departments that present. View this webpage for information concerning the program.
- For questions regarding Parent Orientation contact the Office of University Services at 337-475-5706 or email email@example.com.
- Parent orientations scheduled for the summer of 2017 take place on the following dates: May 17, May 25, June 7, June 23, June 29, July 12, August 17 (concurrent with freshmen orientation dates)
|8:15am||Opening Remarks||Dr. Chris Thomas, Assistant Vice President for University Services|
|8:20am||Department Presentations||Counseling & Student Health, Career & Student Development, Campus Engagement, Campus Dining|
|9:45am||Break||10 minute break|
|9:55am||Department Presentations||Campus Housing, Campus Police & Safety, Disability Services, University Bookstore, University Services (Student Rights/Responsibilities)|
|11:00am||Department Table Browse||Presenting departments will have table setups for parents/family to ask questions or receive more information not covered in the brief presentations.|
|11:30am||Lunch Break||On select dates, Rowdy's Cafeteria in Holbrook Student Union will be open for patrons. There are many other food options in the immediate vicinity of the campus.|
|1:00pm||Department Presentations||Financial Aid, Scholarships, Accounts Payable (Student Fee Bill)|
Adjustments to the schedule are made as necessary.
- Counseling & Student Health Services
- Career & Student Development Services
- Student Life & Campus Engagement (including Cowboy Camp for incoming freshmen)
- Campus Dining
- Campus Housing
- Campus Police & Safety
- Disability Services
- University Bookstore
- University Services (Student Rights/Responsibilities, Emergency Preparedness, etc.)
- Accounts Payable (Student Fee Bill)
- Financial Aid
- All Parent orientations with the exception of May 25 take place in the SEED Center (Second Floor, Conference Room A).
- Freshmen Orientation for students begins in Tritico Theater of Shearman Fine Arts Annex.
- Only the May 25 Parent Orientation will take place in the La Jeunesse Room of Holbrook Student Union (Old Ranch).
- SEED Center: #36
- Holbrook Student Union - Old Ranch (only May 25): #13/#22
- Shearman Fine Arts Complex (Freshmen Orientation): #19
- Parking is available in any legal spot adjacent to each facility.
- Campus Police is aware of visitors on campus for orientation dates.
- Tickets will not be issued if you are in a legal parking spot.
- A limited block of rooms have been secured for families attending Parent Orientation.
- Block rates apply to the night prior to and night following Parent Orientation.
- The group code at each location is "MSU Parent Orientation".
Best Western Plus Inn & Suites ($99.00 per night)
1245 E. Prien Lake Rd.
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Comfort Inn ($89.99 per night)
607 E. Prien Lake Rd.
Lake Charles, LA 70601