"All My Sons" is an American classic about a society in a depression and a time of war. During the war, Joe Keller and Steve Deever ran a machine shop that made airplane parts. Deever was sent to prison because the firm turned out defective parts, causing the deaths of many men. Keller went free and made a lot of money. The twin shadows of this catastrophe and the fact that the young Keller son was reported missing during the war dominate the action.
The love affair of Chris Keller and Ann Deever, the bitterness of George Deever who returned from the war to find his father in prison and his father's partner free are all set in a structure of almost unbearable power. Trust, love, betrayal, denial - all are struggles of the human condition. The climax showing the reaction of a son to his guilty father is a fitting conclusion to a play electrifying in its intensity.
Cast members include:
- Joe Keller--Randy Partin, Moss Bluff
- Kate Keller--Elise Hamilton, Lake Charles; understudy - Kylie Welch, Lake Charles
- Chris Keller--Jonathon Richards, DeRidder
- Ann Deever--Suzanne Heironymus, Welsh
- George Deever--Chris Reeves, DeRidder
- Dr. Jim Bayliss--Ronald Doyle, Singer
- Sue Bayliss--Megan Voorhies, Lake Charles; understudy Hanna Philley, Rayville
- Frank Lubey--Jean-Luc Waddle, Sulphur
- Lydia Lubey--Wesley Saucier; understudy Kylie Welch, Lake Charles
- Bert--Alex Gabbert, Lake Charles
Production staff includes:
- Director--Joy Pace
- Technical Director and Scenic Design--Shannon Miller
- Lighting Design--Norman McKnight, Lake Charles
- Costumer--Bianca Anderson, Iowa
- Make-Up Design--Jalisa Hicks, Jonesboro
- Properties Master--William Lormand, Lake Charles
- Stage Manager--Kevin Delaney, Grand Lake
- Assistant Stage Manager-Lormand and Sierra Jones, New Orleans
Ticket prices are $15 for adults, $10 for McNeese faculty/staff, senior citizens and students, and free for McNeese students with a current ID. For tickets, call 337-475-5043. Persons needing accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the ADA Coordinator at 337-475-5428, voice; 337-475-5960, fax; 337-562-4227, TDD/TTY, hearing impaired; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .