The purpose of the Department of Technology is congruent with the purpose of the college as well as the University. The department has established the following specific goals:
- to prepare graduates to enter industrial employment as a productive member of the engineering team.
- to maintain up-to-date curriculum standards,
- to assist local industry in providing up-to-date training for their present and future employees
- to provide an atmosphere and the facilities to stimulate technology students toward maximum intellectual growth.
The purposes are achieved by:
- providing a qualified faculty with previous industrial experience,
- making necessary curriculum revisions as dictated by technological advances and advice of industry,
- providing laboratory facilities with up-to-date equipment, and
- providing laboratory hands-on experience in all major courses.