"Students Performing with Untiring Rowdy Spirit"
The SPURS program supplements out-of-state fee costs for McNeese students, while enhancing school spirit and pride through the campus involvement of SPURS members.
The purposes of SPURS are:
· to promote student participation at campus activities and athletic events
· to provide student leadership opportunities
· to promote campus spirit through performance at athletic events
· to be goodwill ambassadors for the athletic department and the University
- Must be in good academic and discipline standing with the University
- GPA: 2.5 or higher overall
- Enrollment: Must be enrolled in no less than 12 credit hours
- Complete the SPURS application
- Participate in an interview upon request
Once accepted into the program through an application process, SPURS students are required to attend a minimum number of athletic competitions, student life programs, and SPURS meetings to remain in compliance. Each semester the schedule of approved SPURS activities will be generated by the Student Union & Activities Office.
At each approved SPURS program, a campus officail is present to verify attendance. In order to receive credit for attending a program, students must be present for the entirety of the program and sign out upon dismissal. Those not following these instructions will not receive credit.
If a SPURS student is deemed non-compliant due to not fulfilling the program attendance requirements or other stipulated criteria, they must be granted an appeal to remain in the program.
- If you have questions regarding your SPURS application or active status, contact the Office of Scholarships at 337-475-5140 or email email@example.com.
- You can contact the Student Union & Activities Office with any questions or concerns you may have regarding SPURS Activities: 337-475-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org..