What is the AEC?
The Athletic Engagement Committee (AEC) consists primarily of students with the goal of fostering student attendance and engagement at McNeese sporting events. This includes but is not limited to food, T-shirts, give-a-ways, and other promotional items. This committee also helps fund events such as the student tailgates for football games, concerts, and other related activities that promote McNeese student pride and spirit. This committee's work is funded through the student self-assessed athletic fee in the amount of no less than $30,000 annually.
The committee is comprised of nine members and its composition is currently as follows:
- 1 SGA Senator
- 2 student-at-large members not on an active intercollegiate athletic team roster
- 2 student-athletes on active intercollegiate athletic team rosters
- 1 full-time university faculty or staff member
- 1 full-time unclassified University employee from the Office of Student Services
- 1 full-time unclassified Athletics employee
- Director of Athletics
Ideas and/or questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AEC Previous Sponsorships
- Blue Blaze Student Rewards Program
- Student Tailgate Series (Football
- McNeese Football Bus Trips
- Cowboy Camp
- Athletics Promotional Items (All sports)
- Athletics Appreciation Day
- Free Food Promotion for Students
- Parents and Family Weekend Activities
- Southland Conference Baksetball Tournament Bus Trip
- Baseball Game Crawfish Boil