The non-master's alternative certification program is designed to serve those candidates who may not elect to participate in or be eligible for certification under the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) alternate certification program, which permits students to pursue teacher certification and a master's degree concurrently.
Download all general non-degree program requirements.
Approved non-degree areas for certification:
- Art Education (K-12)
- Early Childhood Education (PK-3)
- Elementary Education (1-5)
- General Science (6-12)
- Health and Physical Education (K-12)
- Middle School Math (4-8)
- Middle School Science (4-8)
- Music Education (K-12)
- Instrumental (link unavailable temporarily)
- Vocal (link unavailable temporarily)
- Secondary Education (6-12)