For tuition/fee purposes, students may be classified as residents if any of the following conditions exist:
- either parent is a graduate of McNeese;
- graduates with an associate or higher degree from McNeese;
- married to a Louisiana resident;
- members (or dependents of members) of the Armed Forces stationed in Louisiana.
Questions/information regarding these criteria and/or residency should be directed to the Office of Admissions.
Students enrolling as indicated below will not be charged the non-resident fee:
- graduate students enrolled in 3 hours or less, undergraduates enrolled in 6 hours or less;
- graduate students or undergraduates enrolled in 6 hours or less of web-based courses;
Non-Resident Fee Waiver
Graduate Assistants and athletic scholarship recipients may receive a waiver of the non-resident fee.
Students meeting certain academic and/or performance criteria may be granted a waiver of non-resident fees. The following grid provides criteria and continuation requirements for the available waivers. Admitted students may apply for the following waivers by completing the McNeese Access Award/Non-Resident Waiver Application. The application may be mailed or faxed to the Office of Scholarships and Testing. Questions regarding these waivers may also be directed to the Office of Scholarships and Testing.