After two days of competition at the 63rd College National Finals Rodeo underway in Casper, Wyo., through Saturday, June 18, the McNeese men’s team is sitting at No. one with the women’s team in 8th place, according to McNeese rodeo coach Justin Browning.
Ten McNeese students – six men and four women – are representing McNeese at this event.
Results for Sunday, June 12:
- In bareback riding, Winn Ratliff, Leesville, tied for third place, while Josh Little, Sulphur, tied for 10th place.
- In breakaway roping, Chelsea Carroll, Opelousas, came in 33rd, while Kodi Bailey, Stephenville, Texas, placed 37th.
Results for Monday, June 13:
- Brothers Josh and Johnathan Torres, Ocala, Fla., finished in first place in the round with 5.2 second run, while Jeremy Mercer, Winnsboro, finished 17th in the round with a time of 12.6.
- In steer wrestling, Jason Thomas, Benton, Ark., finished tied for 3rd place in the round with a 4.2 second run.
- In goat tying, Kyla Foster, Sweetlake, was a 6.5 and finished 10th in the round, while Kayla Wagnon, Kirbyville, Texas, was a 7.0 and finished 23rd and Chelsea Carroll was an 8.2 and finished 38th.