What does the Wellness Program offer?
- Exercise classes during lunch and throughout the afternoon. Get a class schedule on our website. Classes that are offered between the hours of 11am-1:30pm are free for McNeese employees to attend! Any class after this time period requires a Rec membership.
- Free health talks offered each month. Upcoming health talks can be found by clicking on Upcoming Events link at www.mcneese.edu/rec.
- Weight Management programs
- Fitness Challenges
- Wellness Screening Opportunities
- Annual health fair
- Monthly Newsletter
- Wellness to Go! We will bring the Wellness Program to you! This program brings health information, health talks, or events to different locations on campus each month. The program is availabe to speak to your department on various topics including stress management, managing blood pressure, healthy eating, exercise info, tips for staying active at work, back health, and many more. These talks can be done for 10-15 minutes during meetings. If you would like to have a health talk or blood pressure screenings in your area, call Kelly Darbonne at 475-5277.
- Wellness consultations available. Need help putting together an exercise program, losing or maintaing your weight, or want to learn about healthy eating? Contact Kelly Darbonne for more info.
How do I particpate?
Check with your supervisor about flex time for participating in wellness program activities. Employees may be allowed 30 minutes flex time three times per week during lunch to participate in Wellness Program activities.
- Check our upcoming events schedule to find out about health talks and upcoming programs which are free to attend!
Join our Wellness Program email list!
Contact Kelly Darbonne at firstname.lastname@example.org to join our Wellness Program email list. Be the first to know about upcoming events, learn about free screenings offered through St. Patrick Hospital, receive a monthly Healthy Living newsletter, recipes, wellness tips and more!
Wellness Program News:
McNeese State University receives the Fit Friendly Company Award from the American Heart Association! This award is given to companies who champion the health of their employees and work to create a culture of physical activity and health in the workplace.
For More Information:
Contact Kelly Darbonne, Director of the Wellness Program, at ext. 5277 or in Room 212 of the Recreation Complex.