Anyone who meets the Admission criteria for McNeese State University is accepted into the Pre-Professional Phase of the Program. Go to the McNeese web site for specific admission criteria. Also consider all the information included on the Prospective Student link, as well as items within the student handbook links of this website. www.mcneese.edu/admissions
Professional PhaseAdmission into the professional phase of the program is on a selective basis due to the limited number of students approved for each clinical education setting. Students are admitted to the professional phase of the program once a year, the Spring Semester Sophomore year, and continue for 2 1/2 years. The application must be made no later than October 1 of the preceding Fall semester. Applications for the professional phase are obtained through a link provided below. In order to be considered for admission to the professional curriculum, the student must:
- have earned a minimum overall grade point average of 2.5 or better, in all courses outlined in the pre-professional phase;
- have earned a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or better and no grade lower than a "C" in all Science courses of the pre-professional curriculum (Biology or NRHP 100, 225, 226; Chemistry 101; Mathematics 170, 231; and Radiologic Technology 101;
- have repeated no more than 2 courses of the pre-professional curriculum due to failure,
- have completed or will have completed all the pre-professional curriculum by the starting date of the professional curriculum (preference will be given to those completed at the end of the Fall Semester, regardless of grade point average),
- submit completed application by October 1; .
- submit documentation verifying 20 hours of observation in a radiology department, Download observation guide
- After acceptance is granted to the professional phase be aware of the following requirements for continuation in clinical radiography courses (requirements included but not limited to):
- Clearance and verification from a health care worker background check which includes: Criminal Search, Social Security Number Verification, Maiden Name/AKA Name Search, Sexual Offender Registry/Predator Registry, National Wants & Warrants Submission, 13224 Terrorism Sanctions Regulations, U. S. Government Terrorist List Search, Investigative Application Review, Adverse Action Letter, Medicare/Medicaid Sanctioned. This background profile must be conducted by "PreCheck at a cost of $50 (2011), more details in acceptance letter and student handbook link provided.
- Negative results from a 15 Panel split study drug Screening performed by one of the following acceptable medical laboratories: Worforce Medical Center 2492 S Cities Service Hwy Suite 1- Sulphur, LA, or The Pathology Lab 830 Bayou Pines - Lake Charles, at a cost of $35-75 (2016), more details in acceptance letter and student handbook link provided.
- Assignments for clinical radiography courses are typically Monday - Friday daytime hours, with the exception of occasional evening rotation. Evening rotation during the summer session includes a Saturday assignment. More details included in the clinical assignment policy of the student handbook link
- Travel to and from classroom and clinical assignments is the responsibility of the student
- Course delivery during professional phase courses is a combination of face to face classroom courses on campus, clinical courses off campus, and web hybrid online courses.
In cases where the number of qualified applicants for the professional phase exceeds the capacity, applicants will be accepted based upon GPA ranking.