The Property Control Office is responsible for the following:
- Recording ALL property transactions.
- Accounting for the University's personal property by attaching bar codes to equipment having an acquisition cost of $1,000 or greater.
- Analyzing equipment records for fiscal year audits.
- Maintaining surplus equipment.
- Conducting internal audits to certify compliance with property control regulations.
- Evaluating annual physical inventory procedures and results.
- Recording depreciation on fixed assets.
- Maintaining the fixed asset system.
Location and Contact
Smith Hall, Rm 121
Lake Charles, LA 70609