Date enacted or revised:
Revised January 2016; July 2016
McNeese State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (www.sacscoc.org) and is authorized to award associate, bachelor, master, and specialist degrees and post-baccalaureate, graduate, and post-master’s certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of McNeese State University.
A comprehensive list of other agencies included in the Board of Regents General Policy on Program Accreditation that have accredited or approved McNeese academic programs are as follows:
- AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, 7777 S Harbor Island Blvd Ste 750, Tampa, FL 33602-5730, P- (813) 769-6500, www.aacsb.edu.
- ABAI - Association for Behavior Analysis International, 550 W Centre Ave Ste 1, Portage, MI 49024-5364, P- (269) 492-9310, baab.abainternational.org.
- ACS - American Chemical Society, 1155 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036-4839, P- (800) 227-5558, www.acs.org.
- ACEND - Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 S Riverside Plz Ste 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, P- (312) 899-0040 (ext. 5400), www.eatrightacend.org.
- CAATE - Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, 6850 Austin Center Blvd Ste 100, Austin, TX 78731-3184, P- (512) 733-9700, www.caate.net.
- CAC/ABET Inc. - Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET Inc., 415 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201-4405, P- (410) 347.7700, www.abet.org.
- CACREP - Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, 1001 N Fairfax St Ste 510, Alexandria, VA 22314-1587, P- (703) 535-5990, www.cacrep.org.
- CAEP - Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, 1140 19th St NW Ste 400, Washington, DC 20036-6610, P- (202) 466-7496, www.caepnet.org.
- CCNE- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education for American Association of Colleges of Nursing, 1 Dupont Cir NW Ste 530, Washington, DC 20036-1135, P- (202) 463-6930, www.aacn.nche.edu.
- CNEA - National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation, 2600 Virginia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036-1905, P- (800) 669-1656, www.nln.org.
- EAC/ABET Inc. - Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET Inc., 415 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201-4405, P- (410) 347-7700, www.abet.org.
- JRCERT - Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 N Wacker Dr Ste 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, P- (312) 704-5300, www.jrcert.org.
- NAACLS - National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 5600 N River Rd Ste 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5156, P- (773) 714-8880, www.naacls.org.
- NASAD- National Association of Schools of Art and Design, 11250 Roger Bacon Dr Ste 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, P- (703) 437-0700, nasad.arts-accredit.org.
- NASM - National Association of Schools of Music, 11250 Roger Bacon Dr Ste 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, P- (703) 437-0700,nasm.arts-accredit.org.
Other agencies that have approved or certified programs include:
- AAHPERD/NASPE - American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance/National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- ACEI - Association for Childhood Education International
- CDR - Commission on Dietetic Registration
- ISTE - International Society for Technology Education
- BESE - Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- ELCC - Educational Leaders Constituency Consortium
- LBEDN - Louisiana Board of Examiners in Dietetics and Nutrition
- LSBN - Louisiana State Board of Nursing
- NAEYC - National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NCAA - National Collegiate Athletic Association
- NCSS - National Council for Social Studies
- NCTE - National Council of Teachers of English
- NCTM - National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- NSTA - National Science Teachers Association