Date enacted or revised:
PINs are issued to faculty by the Registrar's Office for the purpose of using Web for Faculty for viewing class rosters and submitting final grades. The PIN is a unique number and serves as a digital signature. Faculty are expected to maintain strict security for PIN numbers by following these guidelines:
In F/S Handbook:
- The Faculty ID and PIN should not be written in a conspicuous place.
- The PIN should not be revealed to anyone, not even another McNeese employee.
- The PIN should be changed frequently to a number that only the faculty member should know. It should not be the faculty member's date of birth, partial Social Security number, or telephone number.
- When exiting Web for Faculty, the exit button should be selected, and the browser should be closed.
- The AutoComplete feature of the web browser should be disabled before logging in to prevent the computer from recording the PIN and faculty ID number.
- The Office of the Registrar should be notified immediately if any unusual activity on the Web for Faculty account is noticed.