PINs are issued to faculty by the Registrar’s Office for the purpose of using Web for Faculty for viewing class rosters and submitting final grades. The PIN is a unique number and serves as a digital signature. Faculty are expected to maintain strict security for PIN numbers by following these guidelines:
- The Faculty ID and PIN should not be written in a conspicuous place.
- The PIN should not be revealed to anyone, not even another McNeese employee.
- The PIN should be changed frequently to a number that only the faculty member should know. It should not be the faculty member’s date of birth, partial Social Security number, or telephone number.
- When exiting Web for Faculty, the exit button should be selected, and the browser should be closed.
- The AutoComplete feature of the web browser should be disabled before logging in to prevent the computer from recording the PIN and faculty ID number.
- The Office of the Registrar should be notified immediately if any unusual activity on the Web for Faculty account is noticed.
Employees are expected to maintain security related to information and passwords provided to them for account access or access to secure sites and or information. It is a violation of policy to share security codes or passwords.