Date enacted or revised:
Rev Dec 2014
- Institutional Policy: a policy with a wide scope and that has the potential for impact campus-wide.
- Departmental Policy: a policy with a narrow scope and that has the potential for impact to a limited unit.
The following procedures are required for all institutional policies:
- Institutional policies are brought before Senior Staff by the President or other members of Senior Staff overseeing the policy. Upon review, the Senior Staff makes a recommendation for approval to the President. The President is responsible for final approval for all institutional policies.
- Minutes from the Senior Staff meeting shall document approval of the policy. Staff minutes are archived in the Office of Instiututional Research and Effectivness.
- Policy revisions should be noted as such and include the date of revision. Revised policies do not require additional approval unless the intent of the policy significantly changes. The revised policy should be submitted to the Office of Institutional Research and Effectivness for posting on the University Policy website.
- The President or Staff members authoring new or revised policies is responsible for coordinating dissemination of institutional policies with the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness as appropriate to the policy.
- New policies or revisions to policy will be posted on the University Policy website at www.mcneese.edu/policy. The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness will coordinate with the campus webmaster to ensure consistency of institutional policies.