An institutional policy is defined as a policy with a wide scope and that has the potential for impact campus-wide.
A departmental policy is defined as a policy with a narrow scope and that has the potential for impact to a limited unit.
The following procedures are required for all institutional policies:
- Institutional policies are brought before Senior Staff by the President or other members of Senior Staff overseeing the policy. Upon review, the Senior Staff makes a recommendation for approval to the President. The President is responsible for final approval for all institutional policies.
- The President’s completed date and signature stamp are placed on all new institutional policies. Stamped institutional policies will be archived in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Policy revisions should be noted as such and include the date of revision. Revised policies do not require additional approval unless the intent of the policy significantly changes. The revised policy should be submitted to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and placed in the Self Policy files.
- The President or Staff members authoring new or revised policies is responsible for coordinating dissemination of institutional policies with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness as appropriate to the policy.
- New policies or revisions to policy will be posted on the University Policy website at www.mcneese.edu/policy. The Office of Institutional Effectiveness will coordinate with the campus webmaster to ensure consistency of institutional policies.