To develop minimum requirements for obtaining goods and services through the requisition process and to ensure appropriate levels of electronic approvals is established.
These policies and procedures are applicable to all McNeese employees who create or approve requisitions.
Requisitioner – an employee who is approved to enter requisitions.
Approver – an employee who is authorized to approve requisitions.
Authorization – delegating authority from one employee to another.
An authorized employee who enters a requisition for the purchase of goods or services cannot be an approver on the requisition.
By electronically approving the requisition, the approver implies that all supporting documentation has been reviewed and the transaction is appropriate, accurate and complies with all policies.
- One level of approval is required unless:
- The President or a Vice-President deems a second level of approval is necessary.
- Any purchase of goods or services that exceeds $5,000 regardless of available budget.
- Any deviations from this policy will require approval by the Senior Staff.
- At any time that the circumstance arises when the employee responsible for entering the requisition or the employee responsible for approving the requisition is unavailable for an extended period of time, written authorization to temporarily assign a different requisitioner or approver must be submitted to the Comptroller’s office.
- Under no circumstance should an approver with electronic approval authority release his or her password.