The Advanced Placement Program is designed to give students an opportunity to earn credit in courses in which they have demonstrated competence and achievement. Additional information is listed in the McNeese State University Catalog or may be obtained by contacting the Director of the Advanced Placement Program. The following are ways for students to qualify for advanced placement:
- College Entrance Examination Board Advanced Placement Program (CEEB).
- Special departmental placement examinations for beginning freshman.
- ACT scores.
- Student's classroom performance at an advanced level.
- Special departmental proficiency examinations for students with special training and experience.
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
- Credit examinations.