Date enacted or revised:
June 2012; Revised January 2016
This policy is intended to provide information regarding complimentary admission, registration, lodging and/or transportation reporting requirements.
Louisiana Revised Statute 42:1123 requires public servants who receive complimentary admission, lodging, or transportation to and from an educational or professional development seminar or conference held in any state of the United States or Canada requires approval by the President and the traveler is required to file an affidavit with the Board of Ethics within 60 days after acceptance. The full text of the statute may be found at www.legis.state.la.us.
To appropriately report complimentary travel expenses, recipients should perform the following procedures:
- Complete the University Travel Request Form.
- Complete and sign the Complementary Admission, Registration, Lodging and/or Transportation Request Form and attach to the Travel Request From.
- Submit the Travel Request Form along with the attached Complementary Admission, Registration, Lodging and/or Transportation Request Form to immediate Supervisor for approval.
- Supervisor will forward the Complementary Admission, Registration, Lodging and/or Transportation Request Form to appropriate vice president and to the President for their approvals.
- President will provide a copy of the fully approved form to traveler.
- After travel is completed, traveler will complete the Louisiana Board of Ethics Complimentary Admission, Lodging and/or Transportation Disclosure Statement, sign, and have signature appropriately notarized and submit to the Office of the President.
- President will submit disclosure statements to the Board of Ethics within 60 days of acceptance of the complimentary travel as required by 42:1123 (41b).
This policy is distributed via the Academic Advisory Council, the Administrative Advisory Council, the University Listserv, the university web-site, and through routine communication between departments.