Information for Cowboy Stadium
All McNeese home games are scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. Central time, however the starting times for all games are subject to change.
Cowboy Stadium Policies
- All persons must have a ticket for admission.
- This is for the convenience and safety of all Cowboy ticket holders.
- No smoking in the seating area/hillside.
- All persons entering the facility are subject to search.
- McNeese will do everything possible to provide a safe and secure environment for its fans.
- Direct any concerns to the nearest officer or stadium attendant - if you see something, say something.
- No throwing of objects from the stands.
- No portable cooling or heating devices.
- Disorderly subjects are subject to immediate ejection.
- Public address announcements are restricted to emergency situations only and must be requested through McNeese State University Police at (337) 475-5711.
- The possession or consumption of alcohol in the general seating areas of Cowboy Stadium is expressly prohibited by university policy.
- Cameras are permitted in Cowboy Stadium for both fans and working news media.
- All photos taken in Cowboy Stadium must be for editorial or personal use only and may not be used for advertising, promotions or other trade purposes, or any other commercial or promotional endeavor, without the permission of McNeese. Contact the McNeese Athletics Department with any questions.
- McNeese encourages fans to be courteous of other fans in choosing to stand during games.
- Continued standing during game action when other fans are sitting is discouraged and will be addressed by McNeese Event Staff if complaints from other fans are reasonable and continuous.
- Stadium seats are allowed but any seat that impedes on the comfort of a fan in an adjacent seat is prohibited.
- Wide stadium seats can overlap into the seat of the fan next to you.
Please Stay Off Of The Field!
The Southland Conference takes seriously the issue of fans "storming the field" after major victories. While the enthusiasm of the fans is admirable, it has caused serious injury to some fans and student-athletes and can result in unwarranted violence and vandalism.
Penalties against individuals who improperly enter the competition area shall include, but not be limited to, expulsion from the facility, arrest for trespassing, and the loss of future ticket privileges. In addition to these three penalties, violators who are students shall be subject to student disciplinary measures.
All items are subject to approval by the discretion of MSU Athletics Management and Cowboy Stadium law enforcement. No items may be left at or near the gates of the stadium. Stadium security sweeps will discard any unattended item.
The following items are not allowed in Cowboy Stadium:
- Coolers, ice chests, bottles, cans, cups (or containers of any kind)
- Backpacks and/or bags larger than 8 ½" x 11"
- Food and drinks may not be brought into Cowboy Stadium.
- Umbrellas can be a sight obstruction and a potential safety hazard.
- Any type of artificial noise makers (during Playoff games) - violators are subject to ejection.
- The Southland Conference implemented this rule in order to prevent the distraction of the participants and officials during playoff games.
- Pets of any variety (except for service animals).
- Video Cameras
- McNeese is obligated to protect the television and digital rights granted by the Southland Conference to television networks and other media.
- Weapons of any kind - including pocket knives and multi-tools (all items will be confiscated and discarded).
- Smoking (cigarettes, e-cigarettes, and cigars are not permitted in the general seating of the stadium and hillside).
- The Louisiana legislature has implemented a smoke-free requirement for all state university buildings.
- Banners/flags/poles of any kind (or any obtrusive/obstructive signage).
- These objects can be a nuisance to other fans by obstructing their view and can create safety concerns. McNeese must also ensure that it abides by its contractural agreements with corporate sponsors regarding signage in Cowboy Stadium.
McNeese encourages its fans to show good sportsmanship and conduct themselves in a manner that represents McNeese, the Southland Conference and the NCAA with honor, dignity and respect. McNeese strongly recommends that fans:
- Demonstrate the qualities of civility and sportsmanship at all times.
- Refrain from the use of vulgar, abusive, racist, sexist, demeaning or intimidating language at any time.
- Always support the players, coaches and officials in a positive manner.
- Treat the visiting team, coaches and fans with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Refrain from engaging in cheers that are vulgar, crass or demeaning.
- Refrain from throwing objects for any reason.
McNeese Athletics has high standards of fan behavior for all guests in attendance - failure to comply with the sportsmanship guidelines set forth may result in ejection and loss of future ticket privileges.