The events will take place from Wednesday, Oct. 17, through Saturday, Oct. 20, and reservations are now being taken.
Rouge et Blanc - in its seventh year - is the primary fundraiser for the Banners Cultural Series at McNeese State University and is sponsored by the McNeese Foundation and the Downtown Development Authority. This year's Rouge et Blanc is once again a sell out.
The various events, dates and times are:
· Harlequin Steaks & Seafood, Wednesday, Oct. 17, TBA. Are you interested in finding just the correct pairing for your favorite dish? Jared Tate from Republic National Distributing Co. will be on hand. The culinary minds of Harlequin will prepare exquisite wine and food pairings for your dining pleasure. The tickets are available at $75 per person with a limit of 26 people. Reservations can be made by calling 337-310-0077.
· Wine Down-Vino 101, Wednesday, Oct. 17, Lake Charles Country Club, 5:30 p.m. Define your taste for wine in a fun, casual atmosphere - for a good cause! Nathaniel Allured, area manager for Republic National Distributing Co.'s wine division, will teach the basics of wine selection and enjoyment while you sample delicious food pairings. Tickets are $35, with the proceeds benefiting the Calcasieu Medical Society Foundation in support of the Calcasieu Community Clinic. Door prizes will be given away. Tickets are available at: The Wine Store, 4070 Nelson Road, #100; Mimosa Boutique, 3101 Ernest St., Ste. 1; or Healthy Image Marketing, 836 University Dr. Call 337-478-8650 for more information.
· La Truffe Sauvage, Thursday, Oct. 18, TBA. Delicacies for this wine dinner will include Moulard duck foie gras, leek mousseline ravioli, prime beef medallion and braised boneless short rib. Come out to La Truffe Sauvage for an experience that shares not only fine wines, but also superb food. Tickets are $245 per person. Call 337-439-8364 for reservations.
· Sippin' and Sailin', Thursday, Oct. 18, 6 p.m. The United Way Women's Leadership Council invites you to set sail on Lake Charles and Contraband Bayou for an evening of heavy hors d'oeuvres, drinks and light entertainment. The Lady of the Lake will host this inaugural event, setting sail from the Lake Charles Civic Center. All proceeds will directly benefit the programs of United Way. Tickets are $250 per couple. Call 337-433-1088 to purchase.
· The Pioneer Club, Friday, Oct. 19, TBA. This special wine dinner will feature Richard Reeves with Hall Winery, one of the suppliers that supports Rouge et Blanc. Tickets are $65 per person with a limit of 50 people. Call 337-436-4895 to make reservations.
· Magnificat Blending Seminar, Saturday, Oct. 20, 10 a.m. Pujo Street Café will host this seminar that will allow participants to make their own special red wine blend. Steve Ehrman of Constellation Wines U.S. will teach this class. Each person will have five blending components and be able to create their own unique blend. Tickets are $30 per person and there is a limit of 26 people. Call 337-475-5123 for reservations.
· The Champagnes of Nicolas Feuillatte, Saturday, Oct. 20, 11a.m. This tasting seminar will also be hosted by Pujo Street Café. Chad Kosina, the Louisiana state manager for Chateau Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, will conduct this tasting of six bubbly champagnes from the House of Champagne, Nicolas Feuillatte. Tickets are $20 per person and there is a limit of 30 people. Call 337-475-5123 for reservations.
Corporate sponsors for this event are the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana Convention and Visitors Bureau, The Wine Store, IBERIABANK, Empire of the Seed, Fuerst Law Firm, L'Auberge Casino Resort, Hokus Pokus Liquor, Stockwell Sievert Law Firm, Republic National Distributing Co., Knight Media Inc., city of Lake Charles, the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, Lake Street Liquor Store and Paradise Florist.