Awards from the McNeese Alumni Association for the ULS Academic Summit Competitors$300.00 Awarded to projects (maximum: 10 projects) selected for presentation at the ULS Academic Summit in April 2015a,b
$150.00 Awarded to faculty mentors of projects selected for presentation at the ULS Academic Summit in April 2015b
a Participation is limited to two projects per mentor and one project per student. No more than two students may work on a single project.
b Should there be two students or faculty mentors working on one project, then the cash award will be divided equally among those students or faculty mentors.
- September 12, 2014 - ALL faculty mentors planning to participate in USRS must submit a notice of intent (NOI). NOI submission instructions will be sent out through e-mail.
- September 25, 2014 (12:00-1:00 p.m. in the President's Dining Room) - Informational luncheon for ALL faculty mentors participating in both the open program and the ULS Academic Summit selection process hosted by the McNeese Alumni Association.
- October 31, 2014 - ALL faculty mentors participating in either section of USRS must submit a completed USRS Project Information form (one form submission for each project). The link to this form will be emailed to faculty mentors no less than one week prior to this deadline.
- March 9, 2015 - ALL students set up poster presentations in the Willis Nolan Conference Room in the SEED Center from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- March 10, 2015 - Students participating in the competition are judged in the Willis Nolan Conference Room in the SEED Center from 2:30 - 5:00 p.m. Public viewing with all students and faculty mentors present will be from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Posters also will be on display for viewing in the Willis Nolan Conference Room in the SEED Center from 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. (students do not have to be present at this time).
- March 12, 2015 - ALL students and mentors will be recognized by the McNeese Alumni Association at the Stream Alumni Center at 4:00 p.m.
- April 17-18, 2015 - NOTE: The ULS Academic Summit has been postponed. The ULS Academic Summit will not be held on these dates (April 17-18). Further information will be provided soon.
- Students participating in USRS are expected to dress professionally.
- Students involved in USRS will be excused from class.
- Projects competing are subject to disqualification based on poor scholarly presentation.
- Faculty mentors are expected to be present during the designated judging period.