$300.00 - Awarded to projects (maximum: 10 projects) selected for presentation at the ULS Academic Summit in April 2014a,b
Awards from the McNeese Alumni Association for the ULS Academic Summit Competitors
$150.00 - Awarded to faculty mentors of projects selected for presentation at the ULS Academic Summit in April 2014b
a Participation is limited to two projects per mentor and one project per student. No more than two students may work on a single project.
b Should there be two students or faculty mentors working on one project, then the cash award will be divided equally among those students or faculty mentors.
- September 13, 2013 - ALL faculty mentors planning to participate in either section of the USRS must submit a notice of intent (NOI). NOI submission instructions will be sent out through e-mail.
- September 26, 2013 (12:00-1:00 p.m.) - Informational luncheon for ALL faculty mentors participating in the open program and the ULS Academic Summit selection process hosted by the McNeese Alumni Association.
- November 01, 2013 - ALL faculty mentors participating in either section of the USRS must submit a completed USRS Project Information form (one form submission for each project). The link to this form will be emailed to faculty mentors no less than one week prior to this deadline.
- March 10, 2014 - ALL students set up poster presentations (location and time TBD).
- March 11, 2014 - ALL posters open to the public (location and time TBD); Posters competing in the ULS Academic Summit selection process are judged (location and time TBD).
- March 12, 2014 - ALL students and their mentors participating in USRS, including both the open program and the ULS Academic Summit competition, will be recognized by the McNeese Alumni Association (location and time TBD).
- April 11-12, 2014 - ULS Academic Summit will be held at University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Support for meeting-associated expenses (e.g., University transportation, meals and registration) will be provided for selected students and mentors.
- Students participating in the USRS are expected to dress professionally.
- Students involved in the USRS will be excused from class.
- Projects competing to present at the ULS Academic Summit are subject to disqualification based on poor scholarly presentation.
- Faculty Mentors are expected to be present with their students who are competing in the ULS Academic Summit selection process during the designated judging period.