Thank you for your interest in the McNeese State University College of Nursing. The following guidelines will help you begin the admission process.
1) RN to BSN students must apply to McNeese State University and receive unconditional acceptance to the University prior to the College of Nursing performing a transcript evaluation.
a. Apply Now
b. Continue by selecting Undergraduate Online/CALL from the 'Application Type dropdown menu.
2) Once you receive your acceptance letter from McNeese State University's Admission Office, contact the Nursing Student Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (337) 475-5048. More detailed instructions regarding advisement will be given at the time of contact.
3) RN to BSN students must show current licensure in good standing by the completion of one semester.
3) RN to BSN students must provide the College of Nursing with copies of their transcript(s). Copies forwarded to the College of Nursing may be unofficial; however, transcripts submitted to the MSU Admissions' Office must be official. The College of Nursing may request course descriptions directly from the student to assist with determining transferability of courses.
4) RN to BSN students that attended another university or college within the state of Louisiana may find the Louisiana Board of Regents' Articulation website helpful when determining the transferability of general education and science coursework. View the Board of Regents' Transfer Matrices.
5) The Undergraduate Nursing Degree Program head will make final decisions relevant to the transferability of coursework on a case by case basis. The College of Nursing reserves the right to limit the number of students to be admitted to nursing courses based on faculty and clinical resources.
Credit for Certification Exams
Becky Riley, RN, MS
RN to BSN Advisor
Hardtner Hall, Suite 205
Office (337) 475-5987 or (337) 475-5821
Fax (337) 475-5925