1) RN to BSN students must apply to McNeese State University and receive unconditional acceptance to the University prior to the Undergraduate Department of Nursing performing a transcript evaluation.
a. Apply Now
b. Continue by selecting Undergraduate Online/CALL from the 'Application Type dropdown menu.
2) Once you receive your acceptance letter from McNeese State University's Admission Office, contact the Nursing Student Services Coordinator at email@example.com or (337) 475-5048. More detailed instructions regarding advisement will be given at the time of contact.
3) RN to BSN students must show current licensure in good standing by the completion of one semester.
3) RN to BSN students must provide the Undergraduate Department of Nursing with copies of their transcript(s). Copies forwarded to the Undergraduate Department of Nursing may be unofficial; however, transcripts submitted to the MSU Admissions' Office must be official. The Undergraduate Department of Nursing may request course descriptions directly from the student to assist with determining transferability of courses.
4) RN to BSN students that attended another university or college within the state of Louisiana may find the Louisiana Board of Regents' Articulation website helpful when determining the transferability of general education and science coursework. View the Board of Regents' Transfer Matrices.
5) The Undergraduate Nursing Degree Program head will make final decisions relevant to the transferability of coursework on a case by case basis. The Undergraduate Department of Nursing reserves the right to limit the number of students to be admitted to nursing courses based on faculty and clinical resources.
RN to BSN Degree Plan
Credit for Certification Exams
Becky Riley, RN, MS
RN to BSN Advisor
Hardtner Hall, Suite 205
Office (337) 475-5987 or (337) 475-5821
Fax (337) 475-5925