Thank you for your interest in the McNeese State University College of Nursing. The following guidelines will help you begin the admission process:
- RN to BSN students must apply to McNeese State University and receive unconditional acceptance to the University prior to the College of Nursing performing a transcript evaluation.
- Please follow this link to the MSU online application. On your application please specify that your "Field of Study" is NURO or the RN-BSN Online program.
- Once you receive your acceptance letter from McNeese State University's Admission Office, contact the Nursing Student Services Coordinatora> at (337) 475-5048. More detailed instructions regarding advisement will be given at the time of contact.
- RN to BSN students must show current licensure in good standing in order to be eligible for advanced standing in the BSN Program.
- RN to BSN students must provide the College of Nursing with copies of their transcript(s). Copies forwarded to the College of Nursing may be unofficial; however, transcripts submitted to the MSU Admissions' Office must be official. The College of Nursing may request course descriptions directly from the student to assist with determining transferability of courses.
- RN to BSN students that attended another university or college within the state of Louisiana may find the Louisiana Board of Regents' Articulation website helpful when determining the transferability of general education and science coursework. You may view the Board of Regents' Transfer matrices
- The Undergraduate Nursing Degree Program head will make final decisions relevant to the transferability of coursework on a case by case basis.
- The College of Nursing reserves the right to limit the number of students to be admitted to nursing courses based on faculty and clinical resources.
- For more detailed information on our programs and degree plans, please refer to our website
McNeese State University
College of Nursing
Undergraduate Nursing Degree Programs
Hardtner Hall, Suite 205
550 E. Sale Road
Lake Charles, LA 70609
Office (337) 475-5821 or (337) 475-5048
Fax (337) 475-5925