Credit will be awarded for NURS 429 upon successful completion of an approved certification exam for registered nurses (MSU Catalog).
Credit will be awarded for NURS 429 nursing certifications which meet the following criteria:
- Certification program is approved by either the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS) or the Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE).
- Certification requires the nurse to demonstrate knowledge of care for patients with complex health needs.
Examples of Certification Programs that would be acceptable:
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses -CCRN
- American Board of Neuroscience Nursing -- CNRN
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Certification - RN, BC (Pain Management, Medical-Surgical Nurse, Pediatric Nurse, Gerontological Nurse, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse, Cardiac/Vascular Nurse)
- Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing - CEN
- Competency and Credentialing Institute -- CNOR
- National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses - CHPN
- National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing Specialities - (Inpatient Obstetric Nursing, Low Risk Neonatal Nursing, Maternal Newborn Nursing, Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing)
- Oncology Nursing Certification corporation - OCN, CPON
Examples of Programs that would not be acceptable:
- American Heart Association - ACLS, PALS (Not ABNS or ICE approved)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Certification - Informatics Nurse, Nursing Case Management, Nursing Professional Development (Not care of patients with complex needs)