McNeese President Dr. Philip Williams will retire on June 30. Williams has served as the sixth president since July 1, 2010.
The agenda will include: welcome/roll call/introductions, approval of Feb. 23, 2017, search committee meeting minutes, purpose of meeting, overview of search process and tentative timeline, McNeese State University overview, public hearing, other business and adjournment.
The ULS Board of Supervisors is constitutionally charged with hiring university presidents. That process, which includes a national search, is outlined in the Board Rules, Policies and Procedures. Updates on the search, along with a Presidential Search Frequently Asked Questions document, can be found on the ULS website at www.ulsystem.edu/mcneesesearch.
Per board rules, the chair of the ULS Board of Supervisors appoints a presidential search committee that consists of at least six members of the board including the student board member, a faculty member of the affected institution and the system president as the non-voting committee chair. Advisory, non-voting members may also be appointed by the board chair upon recommendation of the system president.
UL System President and CEO Dr. Jim Henderson will serve as the non-voting chair of the committee. Voting members of the McNeese Presidential Search Committee includes UL System board members James Carter, John Condos, Thomas Kitchen, Alejandro Perkins, Elizabeth Pierre, Virgil Robinson, Mark Romero, Robert Shreve, Winfred Sibille and Antonio Torres. Dr. Michael Butkus, McNeese Faculty Senate president, is also a voting member.
Non-voting, advisory members include Caleb Prince, McNeese Student Government Association president, Willie Mount, McNeese Foundation president, Kevin Caldwell, McNeese Alumni Association president, and Vic Stelly, community representative.
Here is a tentative search timeline for McNeese’s next president:
- January 6, 2017
- Board chair appoints search committee
- February 23, 2017
- Inaugural search committee meeting held in Baton Rouge
- Review/Approval of Advertisement and Timeline
- Begin advertising nationally
- March 13, 2017
- Search committee meets at McNeese to gather feedback from campus and community
- March 23, 2017
- Preferred date for nominations/applications
- March 27, 2017
- Committee to receive list of candidates
- April 3, 2017
- Committee meets in Baton Rouge to review applicant materials and to select semifinalists
- April 11-13, 2017
- On-campus interviews to occur
- April 20, 2017
- Finalists presented to full ULS Board and interviews conducted
- Possible board selection of McNeese President to be made
Persons needing accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the ADA Coordinator at 337-475-5428, voice; 337-475-5960, fax; 337-562-4227, TDD/TTY, hearing impaired; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.