McNeese Autism Program Logo Design Contest
The McNeese Autism Program Logo Design Contest (the "Contest") gives participants the opportunity to design a LOGO for the MCNEESE AUTISM PROGRAM.
By participating in the contest, the artist accepts and agrees to comply with the Official Rules.
The contest is open to only currently enrolled McNeese students and officially recognized student organizations and McNeese alumni.
To enter the Contest, participants must:
- Submit initial entries by email to email@example.com . The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
- Include in the email your full name, postal address, phone number and email address of the entrant.
- Submit no more than 2 entries.
- Conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- Submit entries by midnight on November 1, 2013. Central Standard Time.
The purpose of this contest is to design a logo for the MCNEESE AUTISM PROGRAM that is consistent with the McNeese brand and also communicates the services offered by the MCNEESE AUTISM PROGRAM. The logo will be used online, in print and on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color.
Entrants should take care to ensure that their entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images belonging to any entities aside from the identifying marks and logos of McNeese.
The logo must make use of McNeese's official "Standalone M" logo. Electronic files of this logo can be requested using the online "Logo Request Form" found at www.mcneese.edu/marketing .
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES:
You must submit your design by 12:00 a.m. CST (midnight) on Friday, November 1, 2013.
LOOK AND FEEL GUIDELINES:
Your design should be dynamic, unique, creative, clean and must make use of McNeese's official "Standalone M" logo. The logo may incorporate other imagery and/or abstract symbols, as long as the basic structure of the logo is not modified in such a manner that it is distorted or altered from its original design. (i.e. You may add graphic elements or images to the logo, such as a banner or symbols that represent the work done in the MCNEESE AUTISM PROGRAM, and you can also add patterns within the logo, but you may not take the existing logo apart or distort the shape of the logo - the logo must remain intact.) Images of logos created for other McNeese programs that meet these criteria are available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in mind, the MCNEESE AUTISM PROGRAM logo will be used for promotional purposes. In choosing the winning design, the following will be considered:
- Is the design representative of the services offered by the McNeese Autism Program?
- Is the artistic execution strong? Is the piece aesthetically pleasing?
- Will the design adapt well and allow for expedient and economical reproduction to use on T-Shirts, posters, and other formats, as well as print advertising?
- Is the artistic approach fresh and unique?
- Is the design original and not a close derivative of an existing design belonging to some other entity?
For purposes of submission, please submit the design in .png, .jpg or .psd for (Resolution of 300 dpi) AND as a .pdf file (less than 10MB). If the logo incorporates non-standards fonts, you must be able to provide us with the font should your logo be selected. If you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high-resolution vector file.
- $100 McNeese State University Bookstore credit
- Artistic credit and recognition for your winning design on the McNeese web page, throughout University social media channels, in print and other media
The winning design will be used as the Official Logo the McNeese Autism Program, including promotional items and advertisements.
SELECTION OF WINNER:
All entry designs will be screened and those that comply with the Official Contest Rules and have met the guidelines and specifications will be judged by a panel that includes McNeese students, faculty, staff and alumni. The top 3 logos will be placed on Facebook to be judged McNeese State University fans. The winning logo will be selected by the panel of judges with the popular vote from Facebook bearing significant weight as a deciding factor.
The winner will be notified by telephone, email or mail at the end of the contest. In the event that no entry is selected, McNeese reserves the right to declare no winner and run the contest again at a later date.
COPYRIGHT, RIGHT OF USE:
Upon completion of the competition, McNeese State University acquires ownership of all logo submissions and artwork by assignment of copyright. All designers will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design.
Due credit will be given to the winning designer on the McNeese Facebook page and web page.
- McNeese blue is PMS 287 (or Reflex); #00529b; RGB 0, 82, 155; CMYK 100, 56, 0, 38
- McNeese yellow is PMS 116; # ffd520; RGB 255, 213, 32; CMYK 0, 15, 94, 0
- To obtain a copy of the Standalone M logo to use in your logo design, visit www.mcneese.edu/marketing and submit a logo request
- Information about McNeese Autism Program is available at www.mcneese.edu/autism/mcneese_autism_program
- McNeese commonly uses the fonts Trajan, Imperial, Optima and Times New Roman
- Use simple shapes and text
- Do not use photographs
- Use a distinct color scheme (2-3 colors max)