McNeese State University 75th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
The McNeese 75th Anniversary Logo Design Contest (the "Contest") gives participants the opportunity to design a LOGO for the McNeese 75th Anniversary Campaign.
By participating in the contest, the artist accepts and agrees to comply with the Official Rules.
The contest is open to only currently enrolled McNeese students and officially recognized student organizations. The Contest is not open to companies or faculty or staff of McNeese.
To enter the Contest, participants must:
- Submit initial entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
- Include in the email your full name, postal address, phone number and email address of the entrant.
- Submit no more than 2 entries.
- Conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- Submit entries by midnight on February 28, 2013. Central Standard Time.
The purpose of this contest is to design a logo for the 75 Year Anniversary of McNeese State University. The logo will be used online, in print and on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color.
Entrants should take care to ensure that their entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images belonging to any entities aside from the identifying marks and logos of McNeese.
The logo must contain the words "75th Anniversary" or a similar variation.
Along with the submission, you must include your full name, an email address and a phone number that can be used to contact you.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES:
You must submit your design by 12:00 a.m. CST (midnight) on Thursday, February 28, 2013.
LOOK AND FEEL GUIDELINES:
Your design should be dynamic, unique, creative, clean and incorporate the wording "75th Anniversary" or a similar variation. The logo should include the official John McNeese Statue Logo (aka John McNeese Arch logo), which is available upon request at www.mcneese.edu/marketing. The logo may incorporate other imagery and/or abstract symbols, as long as the existing University logo is not modified in such a manner that it is distorted or altered from its original design. (i.e. You may add something to the University logo such as a banner or other graphic element, but you may not take the existing University logo apart, change an element of the logo or distort the shape of the logo - the logo must remain intact.)
Keep in mind, the 75th Anniversary logo will be used for promotional purposes. In choosing the winning design, the following will be considered:
- Would McNeese guests, staff, students, alumni and the community identify with the artwork or design?
- Is the artistic execution strong? Is the piece aesthetically pleasing?
- Will the design adapt well and allow for expedient and economical reproduction to use on T-Shirts, posters, and other formats, as well as print advertising?
- Is the artistic approach fresh and unique?
- Is the design original and not a close derivative of an existing design belonging to some other entity?
For purposes of submission, please submit the design in .png, .jpg or .psd for (Resolution of 300 dpi) AND as a .pdf file (less than 10MB). If the logo incorporates non-standards fonts, you must be able to provide us with the font should your logo be selected. If you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high-resolution vector file.
- $100 McNeese State University Bookstore credit
- Artistic credit and recognition for your winning design on the McNeese web page, throughout University social media channels, in print and other media
The winning design will be used as the Official Logo the McNeese 75th Anniversary, including promotional items and advertisements.
SELECTION OF WINNER:
All entry designs will be screened and those that comply with the Official Contest Rules and have met the guidelines and specifications will be judged by a panel that includes McNeese students, faculty, staff and alumni. The top 3 logos will be placed on Facebook to be judged McNeese State University fans.
The winner will be notified by telephone, email or mail at the end of the contest. In the event that no entry is selected, McNeese reserves the right to declare no winner and run the contest again at a later date.
COPYRIGHT, RIGHT OF USE:
Upon completion of the competition, McNeese State University acquires ownership of all logo submissions and artwork by assignment of copyright. All designers will disclaim any trademarks and without limitation all other rights related to the design.
Due credit will be given to the winning designer on the McNeese Facebook page and web page.
- McNeese blue is PMS 287 (or Reflex); #00529b; RGB 0, 82, 155; CMYK 100, 56, 0, 38
- McNeese yellow is PMS 116; # ffd520; RGB 255, 213, 32; CMYK 0, 15, 94, 0
- To obtain a copy of the John McNeese Statue (Arch) logo to use in your logo design, visit www.mcneese.edu/marketing and submit a logo request
- Information about McNeese and its history is available at www.mcneese.edu/about/history
- McNeese commonly uses the fonts Trajan, Imperial, Optima and Times New Roman
- Use simple shapes and text
- Do not use photographs
- Use a distinct color scheme (2-3 colors max)