All counseling services are provided for flat fee of $20 per session.
In an individual counseling session, a client meets one-on-one with a counselor.
- In a couples counseling session, a client and their partner meet with a counselor, often at the same time. The focus of couples counseling is the concerns and issues within the relationship.
- In a family counseling session, a client and one or more family members meets with a counselor, often at the same time or within the same session. The focus of family counseling is on improvement of the relationships within the family. All members work together for a greater family dynamic.
- In a group session, unrelated people with similar concerns meet with a counselor (sometimes two counselors running group at the same time). Groups tend to meet regularly for a set amount of time and have specific, structured sessions based around a common concern (such as anger management).
- We are currently offering a 6 week Anger Management group.
Community Workshops/ Trainings
- In community workshops or trainings, a counselor presents a topic to a group of people about a specific topic. The focus of this is education rather than personal or psychological growth (as in group counseling). Workshops and trainings can be for the public or professionals and can be on-site or off-site.
Common Issues/ Concerns of Clients
- Though counselors at KDCC provide services to clients with various issues and concerns, our most common are: depression, anxiety, work issues, family relationship issues, parent-child fighting, truancy, self-harm, self-esteem issues, time management, money management, life-transition issues.