Published April 06, 2017
Dear McNeese Community,
Phishing messages warning users that their email
service will be discontinued unless they "Click Here", have been sent to many email accounts at McNeese over the past 24 hours (see copy of message below).
Please delete these messages and do not respond.
- Do not click on links or open attachments from unknown senders.
- If viewing email in HTML format, hover over links to verify the full URL.
- Consider using a website reputation service (e.g. http://www.urlvoid.com).
- McNeese will never ask for credentials through email or request verification through a non-McNeese website or by replying to a message itself.
- The McNeese Helpdesk will not ask for password information under any circumstances.