McNeese State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelor, master, and specialist degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of McNeese State University.
A comprehensive list of other agencies included in the Board of Regents General Policy on Program Accreditation that have accredited or approved McNeese academic programs follows:
- AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International, 7777 South Harbor Island Blvd., Suite 750, Tampa, FL 33602-5730, P- (813) 769-6500, www.aacsb.edu/.
- ACEN- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850; Atlanta, Georgia 30326, P- (404) 975-5000, F- (404) 975-5020; www.acenursing.org
- ACEND - Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, P-(312) 899-0040, ext. 5400, F-(312) 899-4817, www.eatright.org/ACEND.
- ACS - American Chemical Society, 1155 Sixteenth St. NW, Washington, DC 20036, P- (800) 227-5558, www.acs.org.
- CAATE- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, 2201 Double Creek Drive Suite, Round Rock, TX 78664, P-(512) 733-9700, F- (512) 733-9701, www.caate.net.
- CAC/ABET Inc. - Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, P- (410) 347.7700, www.abet.org.
- CCNE- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education for American Association of Colleges of Nursing, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, P- (202) 887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/index.htm
- EAC/ABET Inc. - Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, P- (410) 347-7700, www.abet.org.
- JRCERT - Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182, P- (312) 704-5300, www. jrcert.org.
- NAACLS - National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119, P- (773) 714-8880, www. naacls.org.
- NASAD- National Association of Schools of Art and Design, 11250 Roger Bacon Dr., Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190, P- (703) 437-0700, http://nasad.arts-accredit.org/.
- NASM - National Association of Schools of Music, 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248, P-(703) 437-0700, http://nasm.arts-accredit.org.
- NCATE - National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, 2010 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036, P- (202) 466-7496, www. ncate.org.
- TAC/ABET Inc. - Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, P- (410) 347-7700, www.abet.org..
Other agencies that have approved or certified programs include:
- AAHPERD/NASPE - American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance/National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- ACEI - Association for Childhood Education International
- CEC - Council for Exceptional Children
- ISTE - International Society for Technology Education
- BESE - Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- ELCC - Educational Leaders Constituency Consortium
- LSBN - Louisiana State Board of Nursing
- NAEYC - National Association for the Education of Young Children
- NCAA - National Collegiate Athletic Association
- NCTE - National Council of Teachers of English
- NCTM - National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- NSTA - National Science Teachers Association
- OAKE - Organization of American Kodály Educators