Skip to main content

Tax Filing for F-1 Students

Tax Filing for F-1 Students

Please see this site for detailed information about tax filing requirements for international students 
Please be advised that federal tax filing is required even if you were not employed in the previous year. 

While filing taxes can seem like a daunting task at first glance, filing for most F-1 students is simple and can be done without assistance and using one's own personal computer. There are also many online, tax filing services that provide a user-friendly platform for those that need help. The Office of International Programs has partnered with Sprintax to offer assistance in tax filing. 

The following link will take you to the Sprintax site:

You will need a code to use Sprintax. In order to obtain the Sprintax code, you must present your student ID to the International Office (Kaufman 113).  The code cannot be shared, and you will not be given more than one code. 

On March 23rd, the Office of International Programs will organize a filing session, during which staff members will be available to help you use the Sprintax system. There will be two help sessions: 9:00 to 11:30 am and 1:30 to 3:30 pm in BBC 302.  Please note that no assistance will be available outside of the March 23rd session, but the Sprintax system is designed to be used with ease.