A final admissions decision cannot be made until we have received all required documents. All required forms can be downloaded and printed from our website.
You must submit the following listed below to apply for admission:
Please read and follow the instructions very carefully. You must provide the affidavit of support form promising the required $27000 amount of support from your sponsor each year and include all necessary signatures. You must also provide an official, original bank statement or bank letter verifying that your sponsor currently has the equivalent of the required $27000 amount for the first year of study in U.S. dollars deposited in a bank account. (For F-1 Students Only)
Every student must complete and return this document prior to admission to McNeese. If your medical records are unavailable, you may complete and sign the request for exemption section on the Proof of Immunization form.
$30.00 application feePlease make out the check, money order, or demand draft to "McNeese State University" for $30 drawn on a US bank.
Official transcripts and diplomas
Students seeking admission for graduate study do not have to submit their hign school stranscripts/diplomas.
Official transcripts and diplomas/provisional certificates from all schools attended must be sent to McNeese directly from the school or by the applicant in envelopes sealed by the school and must be certified by the school's registrar, controller of exams or attestation officer.
Students applying for a graduate (master's degree) program must send official transcripts from all universities/colleges attended, including any US universities/colleges, once grades are posted for the last semester attended. Your GPA will be calculated in our office and must meet the minimum requirements of 2.50 for all graduate applicants, 2.75 for environmental science/chemistry graduate applicants, and 3.00 for engineering graduate applicants.
- Evaluation of Foreign Credentials: Our office requires an Official Course-By-Course Evaluation of Credentials for all College/University Credit Earned from Foreign Institutions. Transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services, Inc. or Global Credential Evaluators. Detailed instructions for ordering a course-by-course credential evaluation can be found on each evaluator's website. The official credential evaluation must be sent directly from the evaluation service to McNeese State University.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score
TOEFL scores must be mailed directly from the testing agency to McNeese (Code=6403) or a copy of the IELTS score report form must be sent. The required minimum TOEFL scores are 71 IBT for all graduate applicants, 75 IBT for environmental science/chemistry graduate applicants, 83 IBT for engineering graduate applicants, and 79 IBT for MBA graduate applicants. The required minimum IELTS 6.0 for graduate applicants, and 6.5 for engineering graduate applicants.
If you have attended a US university/college for at least two semesters we will waive the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
- Official GRE or GMAT (for MBA graduate applicants) GRE or GMAT scores must be mailed directly from the testing agency to McNeese (Code=6403 for GRE and GMAT). The required minimum GMAT score is 400 or New GRE score 286 for MBA graduate applicants. The required minimum GRE score is 1050 Verbal + Quantitative (650 Quantitative) or New GRE Equivalency for engineering graduate applicants, and 900 (Verbal + Quantitative) or New GRE Equivalency for environmental science/chemistry graduate applicants. The required GRE score for other graduate applicants is calculated based on the student's GRE score and calculated GPA.
- Academic Scholarship Application (optional)
To be considered for the Academic Scholarship this form must be received in our office before the applicant arrives at McNeese. The scholarships are available to students who enter McNeese in the Fall Semester or Spring Semester only. For more information on scholarships please visit http://mcneese.edu/scholarships or email to email@example.com. Please note that students who are sponsored by a government or government -affiliated scholarship program are NOTeligible to request any scholarship through McNeese.
- On Campus Housing Application (optional)
- 3 Recommendation Letters are required for environmental science/chemistry graduate applicants only.
If you possess all requirements for admission, please mail in all of your documents to one of the following addresses. If you are in the U.S. and using a United States post office. either address will normally work, but any other delivery method may require one address or the other.
The mailing address for McNeese State University is:
McNeese State University
Lake Charles, LA 70609
Some couriers require the exact street address which is:
McNeese State University
Kaufman, Room 113
4205 Ryan Street
Lake Charles, LA 70605
Once we receive your application and supporting documents, you will be contacted at the email address on your application within three to ten business days.
We might contact you at this point to:
- Notify you of missing requirements
- Ask you for additional documentation
- Notify you of acceptance
- Notify you of denial
Application, Admissions, and Post Acceptance Process
If you have been accepted and have not submitted any type of scholarship application and have never attended a U.S. University or Language Center, our office will now create your I-20. Once created, you will be contacted for delivery details.
If you are accepted and have submitted McNeese scholarship applications and have never attended a U.S. University or Language Center, our office will now submit your scholarship documents to our campus' Scholarship and Testing Office for a scholarship decision. Once we receive their scholarship decision, we can create your I-20. At this point, our office will contact you for delivery details.
Once you arrive at campus your FIRST stop must be the International Office. We will need to make copies of your visa, passport, I-94, and any previous I-20s. During this point, you will be notified of the International Orientation date (mandatory for new MSU students) and we will remove any existing holds that would prevent registration for courses.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.