McNeese requires our students to be deemed proficient in the English language before entrance into the university.
McNeese does not have courses for ESL students.
In order to prove English proficiency, a student must have one of the following:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 61 iBT for undergraduate study and 71 for graduate study. The following graduate departments have higher language requirements: Engineering: 83, Chemistry: 75, Business: 79
- Minimum IELTS band score of 5.0 for undergraduate study and 6.0 for graduate study. Graduate Engineering students must have a 6.5.
- Minimum ACT English score of 21 or SAT Critical Reading score of 500.
- Successful completion of one full academic year at a recognized U.S. college or University.
- Diploma from a state-approved U.S. high school (upon successful completion of required state curricula).
- Satisfactory face to face documented interview with the International Student Advisor (only an option for students currently residing in the U.S.)
If a student cannot prove English proficiency in one of the ways described above, they should take English Language Study. For McNeese students, there is a great opportunity to learn English on the McNeese campus!
McNeese hosts a private company called the English as a Second Language Institute (ESLI). This company works directly with McNeese State University to get their English language students conditional admission into the university. By applying for ESLI, you can gain acceptance into the English language program AND receive a conditional acceptance letter from McNeese. Once you complete the program, you can enter McNeese if all other requirements are fulfilled without taking the TOEFL or IELTS exams.
For more information, please contact the English institute directly by emailing Headquarters at email@example.com. She is a staff member at ESLI and will be happy to help you.
ESLI website : http://www.esli-intl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=29