What is CPT:
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) provides F-1 students with the option of practical training during their program of study.
Guidelines for CPT:
- CPT must relate to your major, and the work experience should be part of your program of study (tied to a course at Mcneese).
- To qualify for CPT, you must have studied as an F-1 student for at least one academic year.
- If you have 12 months or more of full-time CPT, you are not eligible to apply for OPT.
- Part-time CPT (20 hour or less/week) will not interfere with OPT.
Note: Graduate students may qualify for CPT during their first semester, should their program require this.
How to Apply for CPT:
To apply for CPT you will need to come to the our office and bring the following items:
- Signed letter from your academic advisor stating how the training is part of your program of study, printed on McNeese letterhead.
- Signed letter of employment from the employer sponsoring your CPT
The International Student Advisor or other DSO in our office will determine your elegibilty for CPT and athorize your employment in SEVIS.