This accelerated one-day DOT is designed to serve as both an initial and refresher course meeting the 49 CFR 172.704 training requirements. Topics include hazardous substance determination, proper shipping names, placarding, marking, labeling, shipping papers and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Department of Transportation requires the following personnel to be trained and tested. Anyone who:
- loads, unloads, or handles hazardous materials
- marks or labels containers
- prepares hazardous materials for transportation, including preparing shipping papers
- is responsible for safety of transporting hazardous materials, including supervisors and managers
- operates a vehicle used to transport hazardous materials
General Awareness and Familiarization
Identification of Hazardous Materials
Safety and Security
Marking and Labeling of Packages
Separation and Segregation
Jeffrey L. Campbell is a chemist with over 25 years of experience in transportation and safe handling of hazardous materials. He has worked in process labs at oil refineries and ethanol plants and has been an approval chemist and manager at hazardous waste treatment facilities. He currently works as an instructor and consultant for Environmental Team Resources. He was authorized by the Department of Transportation in 1998 to present their Hazardous Materials Transportation course, and is also an authorized OSHA general industry instructor and conducts courses on RCRA Waste Characterization and management.
Mr. Campbell obtained his BS degree in Chemistry Education from McNeese State University and taught high school chemistry in the mid '80s. He has since been training in different capacities, which include teaching hazardous materials transportation to petrochemical industry employees and NASA contractors.
- Price: $300 - Includes lunch, student manual and the latest issue of the "Hazardous Materials, Substances, & Wastes Compliance Guide"
- Attendees should bring pens and highlighters.
- Certificates will be issued for .8 CEUs or 8 PDHs
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover accepted
- Checks should be made payable to McNeese State University and mailed to the following address:
McNeese State University
Institute for Industry-Education Collaboration
Lake Charles, LA 70609
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONTACT CHERYL IN THE OFFICE OF CONTINUING EDUCATION:
Phone: 337-562-4139 Fax: 562-4272 Email: email@example.com
To download a registration form, click the link below. Please return the completed form via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 337-562-4272