The mission of the Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness is to meet the university's reporting requirements; support the institution's operational and strategic decisions; and, provide resources and support for the institution's continuous improvement. The Office's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring timely an accurate completion of federal and state reporting requirements;
- Providing data and analysis to support the institution's mission and strategic goals;
- Ensuring compliance with SACSCOC principles of accreditation;
- Providing support for academic program analysis and professional accreditation;
- Improving the university through original research projects, education, and resources to aid in curriculum development, assessment, and continuous improvement for academic and administrative units.
Program and Unit Assessment Reports(Updated May 2014)
- For Academic Programs--data/results for each assessment should be compiled at the end of each fall and spring term by the program coordinator who should provide any analysis relevant to interpreting the results. Prior to the beginning of the fall term, program faculty should review the results and analysis and identify any actions and/or plans for improvement based on these results. The final plan should be submitted to the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness no later than August 22nd or the last Friday prior to the start of class, whichever is first.
- For Administrative Units--data collection should occur throughout the fiscal year and be compiled with the completion of the spring semester. Subsequent to this, any necessary meetings should be conducted between the unit head and releavant staff and/or division supervisor. Consultation with the SACSCOC liaison is also encouraged at this time. Deadline for submission of report is July 1 for the previous fiscal year.
TemplatesThe attached templates should be used for completion of the report.
- Template for (i.e. degree or certificate programs).
- Template for Administrative Unit Progress Reports (e.g. Office of Business Affairs; College of Science; Department of HHP; Office of Campus Life; Louisiana Small Business Development Center).
InstructionsBrief instructions for completing master plans can be found here: .
For additional information on unit assessment and developing a master plan, please view the Assessment Handbook (2013 Ed.).
Enrollment Evidence for Academic Program Performance Objective 1
Evaluation of Student ExperiencesUniversity Services personnel in Student Life annually review data pertaining to student satisfaction of a broad range of student life experiences. These reviews inform the development of activities and events pertaining to student life and support services.
McNeese partners with the National Survey of Student Engagement, which is administered in the Spring semester to Freshman and Seniors. Our response rate for 2012 was 37%. We administer NSSE and Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory in alternating Spring terms.
Quality Enhancement Plan Development
Please contact Tom Dvorske or the IE Office at least 72 hours before any events sponsored by this office to request accomodations for individuals with disabilities. This includes the need for materials in an alternative format such as large print or Braille, sign language interpreters, accessible seating, and accessible parking information.
No IE Events Currently scheduled.