Human Subjects Institutional Review Board (HSIRB) In compliance with the Protection of Human Subjects Code of Federal Regulations (45 CFR 46, March 8, 1991, Revision), McNeese State University has established a Human Subjects Institutional Review Board (HSIRB). The purpose of the HSIRB is to ensure that all human subjects covered by the aforementioned documents that are use in research, training experimentation or instruction at McNeese State University are afforded the rights and protection from risk guaranteed by the aforementioned documents. Exemptions to this policy are listed below and further defined in 45CFR 46.101 (b).
The HSIRB committee is appointed by the Vice President of Academic Affairs and consists of:
- A chairperson.
- A faculty member from each of the following areas: biology, business, education, graduate studies, liberal arts, nursing, and psychology.
- One member who is not affiliated with McNeese State University and who is not a member of the immediate family of a person affiliated with the University.
The responsibilities of the HSIRB committee are:
- To advise the University Administration in all matters dealing with the use of human subjects' rights and welfare.
- To insure University compliance with all applicable federal, state and University policies and regulations regarding the use of human subjects.
The functions of the HSIRB are:
- To authorize the use of human subjects for research, teaching, training, and experimentation when required (See Preamble), and after reviewing the human subjects use protocol application.
- To prepare and submit all appropriate evaluation forms to the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Funds.
- To make the recommendations to the administration regarding any aspect of the University's human subjects use program.
- To review any concerns involving the use of human subjects at the University.
|Name||College or Affiliation||Telephone Number|
|Dr. Thomas Baril (Co-Chair)||Liberal Arts||(337) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Linda Brannon||Education||(337) email@example.com|
|Dr. Mathew Butkus||Liberal Arts||(337) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Susie Cox||Business||(337) email@example.com|
|Dr. Bill Dees||Science||(337) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. Tari Dilks||Nursing||(337) email@example.com|
|Dr. Dustin Hebert||Graduate Studies||(337) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rev. Alan Trouille||Community Representative|
|Dr. Mike VanGossen||Education||(337) email@example.com|
|Dr. Peggy Wolfe (Co-Chair)||Nursing||(337) firstname.lastname@example.org|