In the event that an employee is injured or is involved in an accident during the course of employment, there are responsibilities for the employee and the supervisor.
- Report injury/illness to supervisor immediately.
- Report in person to Human Resources as soon as possible unless there is a medical emergency or life/limb emergency. Report to Human Resources as soon as possible after emergency treatment.
- Complete proper paperwork for the Office of Risk Management/Drug Testing (if required) in Human Resources before seeking medical assistance unless there is a medical emergency or a life/limb emergency.
- Report any lost time from work to supervisor and to Human Resources.
- Return to regular duty by physician certification or transitional modified duty that is within medical restrictions (if any) as set by physician, as part of a rehabilitation program if applicable to position, and as approved by appropriate university personnel.
- Complete Incident/Accident Investigation Form, conduct investigation, and submit the original form to Human Resources. Maintain a copy in department.
- Contact Human Resources for further instruction or accompany injured/ill worker to Human Resources as supervisor signature may be required on certain documents.
- Maintain contact with injured/ill worker for updates to condition.
- Find or develop transitional modified duty for employee with restrictions, if applicable, as directed by the Director of Human Resources and the Safety Officer.
The Incident/Accident Form can be found on the Human Resource website under Workers Compensation.
McNeese State University does not discriminate with regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, disability, veteran status, age, or sex in admission to or employment in its education programs or activities. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations or equal opportunity may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator and Equal Opportunity Officer: Chief Diversity Officer, Box 93248, McNeese State University, Lake Charles, Louisiana 70609. Telephone: voice (337) 475-5428; hearing impaired TDD/TTY (337) 562-4227.