In the event that an employee is injured or is involved in an accident during the course of employment, there are responsibilities for the employee and the supervisor.
- Report injury/illness to supervisor immediately.
- Report in person to Human Resources as soon as possible unless there is a medical emergency or life/limb emergency. Report to Human Resources as soon as possible after emergency treatment.
- Complete proper paperwork for the Office of Risk Management/Drug Testing (if required) in Human Resources before seeking medical assistance unless there is a medical emergency or a life/limb emergency.
- Report any lost time from work to supervisor and to Human Resources.
- Return to regular duty by physician certification or transitional modified duty that is within medical restrictions (if any) as set by physician, as part of a rehabilitation program if applicable to position, and as approved by appropriate university personnel.
- Complete Incident/Accident Investigation Form, conduct investigation, and submit the original form to Human Resources. Maintain a copy in department.
- Contact Human Resources for further instruction or accompany injured/ill worker to Human Resources as supervisor signature may be required on certain documents.
- Maintain contact with injured/ill worker for updates to condition.
- Find or develop transitional modified duty for employee with restrictions, if applicable, as directed by the Director of Human Resources and the Safety Officer.