- The supervisor must determine if the employee will be required to drive on University business
- The employee must read the Driver Safety Program (Section 2) of the LOSS PREVENTION MANUAL :
- General Requirements (Section 2.11)
- Employee Enrollment (Section 2.12)
- Accident Reporting (Section 2.13)
- An Official Driving Record or ODR is required yearly by state law. Human Resources obtains the ODR from the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles. To obtain the ODR, the employee must complete the Authorization/Driver History Form. The employee must submit this form to Human Resources along with a copy of the current automobile insurance card.
- ***For any employees with an out-of-state driver’s license, you must complete the required driver authorization form AND submit a request for certified driving record through your issuing state. The certified driving record can then either emailed to email@example.com or be mailed to: Human Resources, Attn: Cherie Hoffpauir, Box 91615, Lake Charles, LA 70609
- A Defensive Driving Course is required every three years by state law. The Defensive Driving Course can be taken online using the portal at https://leo.doa.louisiana.gov/irj/portal
- After taking the course, you must print a Certificate of Completion. This Certificate of Completion should be submitted to Human Resources prior to the expiration date of the previous course.
ALL FORMS AND DOCUMENTATION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO HUMAN RESOURCES ATTN: Cherie Hoffpauir
Forms can be submitted in person to Cherie Hoffpauir in Human Resources, Smith Hall or the forms can be mailed, if time permits, to Human Resources, Box 91615. For questions or concerns, you may contact Cherie Hoffpauir at ext.5102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AUTHORIZED DRIVERS MUST POSSESS A CURRENT VALID MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR'S LICENSE AND CURRENT AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE AT ALL TIMES IN THE PROGRAM.
DRIVING PRIVILEGES WILL BE DISCONTINUED IF ODR OR COURSE EXPIRES IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE LAW