McNeese State University invites qualified applicants and nominations for the position of Assistant Professor of English and Comparative Literature in the Department of English and Foreign Languages. This is a full-time, 9–month, unclassified, tenure-track position. The appointment begins in August 2013.
Position Description and Responsibilities: The person hired will be required to teach 12 hours per semester, hold regular office hours (10 hours per week), engage in advising and program development, and other duties as needed.
- Ph.D. in Comparative Literature
- Specialization in American and European Modernism
- Ability to teach graduate level courses in Modern Poetry and Modern Novel
- Previous Experience teaching World Literature and British Survey Courses
- Ability to teach French
- Expertise in prosody and traditional and modern poetics
Salary: $42,000 (non-negotiable)
Deadline: Applications must be received by March 19, 2013.
Application Materials and Contact: Applicants should submit a letter of application, CV, and the names and contact information for three references. Please submit the required documents to:
Dr. Keagan LeJeune, Chair
Department of English and Foreign Languages
McNeese State University
Lake Charles, La 70609-2655
Phone: (337) 475-5312
TDD/TTY: (337) 562-4227