Assistant Director of the Banners Cultural Series
Banners Cultural Series
McNeese State University invites qualified applicants for the positions of Assistant Director of the Banners Cultural Series. This is a full-time, 12-month, unclassified position. The appointment begins as soon as possible.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director of the Banners Cultural Series is responsible for functions related to fundraising, marketing, budgeting, and event planning. The Assistant Director of the Banners Cultural Series will work closely with Banners members and volunteers; University faculty, staff, students, and administration; area K-12 professionals; vendors; donors; and other community stakeholders.
In this position, the Assistant Director of the Banners Cultural Series will:
- Conduct fundraising, including the annual October fundraiser, Rouge et Blanc. Specific duties for Rouge et Blanc include: vendor and supplier management, site design and management, promotion of the event, financial management of the event, reporting, and licensing.
- Perform administrative duties: maintain membership records, sponsor records, and financial records; correspond with members, colleagues, volunteers, and sponsors; purchase supplies.
- Perform supervisory duties: direct student aides; provide assignments to the Outreach Specialist as needed.
- Perform marketing duties: create or contract advertisements, brochures, and other marketing materials; maintain content on website and all social media.
- Manage the Front of House Committee, which includes responsibilities such as tickets, ushering, signage, and collecting and depositing money.
- Engage in the Southwest Louisiana community and work positively and productively with the following institutional and community constituents: Banners members and volunteers; teachers, administrators, staff and students of area K-12 schools; corporate and individual donors/sponsors; visiting artists and scholars; and McNeese students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Assist the Director with the following: annual budget planning and maintenance; reporting duties, including McNeese annual assessment reports, grant reports, budget reports, membership reports, and special event reports.
- Use the following specific software in the office: Vendini, iContact, Google Calendar, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Technology skills: Microsoft Word and Excel, website maintenance, and budgetary software. Ability to learn new programs as necessary to maintain office operations
- Budgeting skills
- Marketing skills
- Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships
- Self-starter, independently motivated, must be able to initiate action with little direction
- Graphic design skills preferred, but not required
$38,200 – 40,000
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Materials and Contact:
Applicants should submit the following materials for the application process: Letter of Application, Resume, References (name, phone number, and e-mail address of at least three), and Unofficial Transcripts. Please submit the required documents to:
Jessica Hutchings, Search Committee Chair
Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs
McNeese State University
Lake Charles, LA 70609
TDD: (337) 562-4227
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and al l supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Faculty Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U.S. degrees, an official comprehensive course-by-course report and U.S. Equivalency Statement, from World Education Services. The official Credential Evaluation Report and U.S. Equivalency Statement must be submitted directly to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, Box 93220, Lake Charles, LA 70609; (337)475-5508. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice and will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.