Office of Admissions and Recruiting
McNeese State University invites qualified applicants and nominations for the position of Admissions Counselor in the Office of Admissions and Recruiting. This is a full-time, 12-month, unclassified position. The appointment begins June 1, 2018.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for functions related to:
- Schedule and conduct personal and large group campus tours
- Assist prospective students in person, over the phone, and via email
- Build mutually beneficial, positive working relationships with assigned high school counselors and counterparts at other institutions
- Manage an assigned recruitment territory by developing and maintaining contacts with guidance counselors, organizations, agencies, and clubs for the purposes of recruiting students
- Travel year round during and after normal business hours to represent the university at recruitment events and activities
- Conduct recruitment presentations on and off campus
- Counsel prospective students with regard to admissions, transfer credit, residency, and other university polices
- Maintain a positive working relationship with faculty and staff in all departments
- Organize and plan outreach opportunities with community leaders, organizations, and groups
- Communicate with prospective students and applicants through multiple channels, such as email, phone calls, and texting
- Collect and compile prospective student data to load into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Create and maintain recruiting reports for all recruiting events attended
- Plan travel according to state travel guidelines
- Effectively use and maintain current knowledge of Banner, Campus Management Radius (CRM), BDM, Argos, and other systems used by the University
- Conduct all duties in a manner which provides a positive reflection of the University
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and Recruiting or the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to do extensive travel and work non-traditional hours
- Highly self-motivated
- Effective multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Marketing or sales experience
- McNeese graduate
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Application Materials and Contact:
For the application process, applicants should submit:
- Letter of Application
- Professional References (name, phone number, and e-mail address of at least three)
- Copies of all Unofficial or Official Transcripts
Only completed application packets will be reviewed. Emailed submissions are preferred. Please submit the required documents to:
Sarah Savoy, Committee Chair
McNeese State University
Office of Admissions and Recruiting
Lake Charles, LA 70609
Office: (337) 562-4183
Fax: (337) 475-5151
TDD: (337) 562-4227
McNeese State University, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, is a public university and a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and al l supporting materials will become public record. All applicants are expected to submit complete and accurate materials as specified in the position announcement. A background check and an English Proficiency assessment will be conducted on selected finalists. We comply with Louisiana Revised Statute 49:1001, et seq, and State of Louisiana Executive Order 98-38, which provides for drug testing of employees, appointees, prospective employees, and prospective appointees. Prospective employees and employees are informed if a drug test is required.
McNeese State University is an AA/EEO/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires McNeese State University to inform applicants that the University can employ only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. Each new employee is required to present documentation verifying his/her identity and right to accept employment.
McNeese State University is a member of the University of Louisiana System. Under Louisiana law, applications and all supporting materials will become public record. An executive session pursuant to La. Rev. Stat. 42:6.1(A) may be required.
Persons needing reasonable accommodations as provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Equal Opportunity Office: Voice: (337) 475-5428; TDD/TTY, Hearing Impaired: (337) 562-4227; Fax: (337) 475-5960; or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Faculty Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U.S. degrees, an official comprehensive course-by-course report and U.S. Equivalency Statement, from World Education Services. The official Credential Evaluation Report and U.S. Equivalency Statement must be submitted directly to the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, Box 93220, Lake Charles, LA 70609; (337)475-5508. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice and will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.